Build a career in the fast-growing field of data science while helping to solve the world’s greatest challenges
Both the iSchool and the University Career Center (UCC) offers numerous resources for students and alumni to help with exploring careers, preparing for interviews, finding an internship or job, and gaining relevant experience.
- Professional development workshops
- Access job and internship openings for off campus positions, Careers4Terps
- Career, Internship, and Graduate School Fairs
- Schedule an appointment to get assistance with creating resumes, cover letters, etc.
Explore Career Options
- Focus2 is the University Career Center’s online career and education planning system that allows UMD students to identify career goals; take personality, leisure, skills, and work self-assessments; and explore possible career options.
- Explore career options, BSOS Feller Center
- Network with Professionals: Terrapins Connect gives students the opportunity to connect with alumni that have signed up to share their career journey. This network allows students to reach out for resume help, informational interviewing, or career advice from people who have had similar experiences. LinkedIn Alumni tool allows access to review 1,000’s of Terps’ career paths!